Monday, December 7, 2015

EDUPA: The Epilogue

Thus concludes the tour of some of the unsolved astrophysics problems I found particularly interesting. This entire series touches deeply upon something which Prof. Siana had touched upon in class: astrophysics as the buffet of modern physics. This is a sentiment I have often parroted in my description of astrophysics to others in my pas. As a subject, it is one of the truest blends of all physics applications.

In researching and reviewing these topics, I looked at solutions and mathematics behind each one. All of them are direct applications of topics I have been learning even in my undergrad. They present challenges classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, electricity, magnetism, nuclear physics, programming, and the list goes on. It would take information from all of these fields combined to make a complete analysis of any one of these systems. It is one of the last places where classical mechanics can produce groundbreaking results. One of the last places where observational data is truly valid. One of the last places that one can truly discover something new without having to stare at a microscope for the rest of their

This class was integral in me being re-inspired on astrophysics, and actually this assignment helped a lot. I stared for the last two days at papers and research on some of these topics, and I felt particularly in tune with it all. I might continue with this blog into the future as I read more into the topics (if I ever have time, that is). I kind of like the format that I have come up with, and will be brushing up some of these topics as I read more about them.

Happy holidays,
Aaron

No comments:

Post a Comment